- Table of Contents
- 01-Fundamentals Configuration Guide
- 01-CLI configuration
- 02-RBAC configuration
- 03-Login management configuration
- 04-FTP and TFTP configuration
- 05-File system management configuration
- 06-Configuration file management configuration
- 07-Software upgrade configuration
- 08-ISSU configuration
- 09-Automatic configuration
- 10-Preprovisioning feature configuration
- 11-Device management configuration
- 12-Tcl configuration
- 13-Python configuration
- 14-License management
- Related Documents
|10-Preprovisioning feature configuration||40.30 KB|
Preprovisioning allows you to preconfigure offline modules. The modules refer to member devices in this chapter.
When a preprovisioned module comes online, the preprovisioned settings are applied. After the module goes offline, you can continue to change the existing settings or add new settings for the module. The final settings are applied when the module comes online again.
When you disable preprovisioning on a slot, the device removes all preprovisioned commands for the slot, including the preprovisioned commands on the subslots.
When you disable preprovisioning on a subslot, the device removes preprovisioned commands for the subslot.
For the preprovisioned settings to survive a reboot, you must use the save command to save the settings to the next-startup configuration file.
1. Enter system view.
2. Select the slot to preprovision and enter slot view.
3. Enable preprovisioning on the slot.
provision model model
By default, preprovisioning is disabled.
The specified model must be the same as the model of the module you want to install. If not, the preprovisioned settings cannot be applied to the module.
4. Enable preprovisioning on a subslot for a subcard.
provision subslot subslot-number model model
The specified model must be the same as the model of the subcard you want to install. If not, the preprovisioned settings cannot be applied to the subcard.
Only the S9850-4C and S6850-2C switches support enabling preprovisioning on a subslot.
Display and maintenance commands for preprovisioned settings
Execute display commands in any view. Execute the reset command in user view.
Display preprovisioned-commands application failure records.
display provision failed-config
Clear preprovisioned-commands application failure records.
reset provision failed-config