- Table of Contents
- 04-Layer 3-IP Services Configuration Guide
- 01-ARP configuration
- 02-IP addressing configuration
- 03-DHCP configuration
- 04-DNS configuration
- 05-IP forwarding basics configuration
- 06-Fast forwarding configuration
- 07-Adjacency table configuration
- 08-IP performance optimization configuration
- 09-UDP helper configuration
- 10-IPv6 basics configuration
- 11-DHCPv6 configuration
- 12-IPv6 fast forwarding configuration
- 13-Tunneling configuration
- 14-GRE configuration
- 15-HTTP redirect configuration
- Related Documents
|12-IPv6 fast forwarding configuration||46.73 KB|
Fast forwarding reduces route lookup time and improves packet forwarding efficiency by using a high-speed cache and data-flow-based technology. It identifies a data flow by using the following fields:
· Source IPv6 address.
· Destination IPv6 address.
· Source port number.
· Destination port number.
· Protocol number.
After a flow's first packet is forwarded through the routing table, fast forwarding creates an entry and uses the entry to forward subsequent packets of the flow.
About aging time for IPv6 fast forwarding entries
The IPv6 fast forwarding table uses an aging timer for each forwarding entry. If an entry is not updated before the timer expires, the device deletes the entry. If an entry has a hit within the aging time, the aging timer restarts.
1. Enter system view.
2. Set the aging time for IPv6 fast forwarding entries.
ipv6 fast-forwarding aging-time aging-time
By default, the aging time is 30 seconds.
About IPv6 fast forwarding load sharing
IPv6 fast forwarding load sharing enables the device to identify a data flow by using the packet information.
If IPv6 fast forwarding load sharing is disabled, the device identifies a data flow by the packet information and the input interface.
1. Enter system view.
2. Configure IPv6 fast forwarding load sharing. Choose one option as needed:
¡ Enable IPv6 fast forwarding load sharing.
Ipv6 fast-forwarding load-sharing
¡ Disable IPv6 fast forwarding load sharing.
undo ipv6 fast-forwarding load-sharing
By default, IPv6 fast forwarding load sharing is enabled.
Execute display commands in any view and reset commands in user view.
Display the aging time of the IPv6 fast forwarding entries.
display ipv6 fast-forwarding aging-time
Display IPv6 fast forwarding entries.
display ipv6 fast-forwarding cache [ ipv6-address ] [ slot slot-number ]
Clear the IPv6 fast forwarding table.
reset ipv6 fast-forwarding cache [ slot slot-number ]