- Table of Contents
- 04-Layer 3-IP Services Configuration Guide
- 01-ARP configuration
- 02-IP addressing configuration
- 03-DHCP configuration
- 04-DNS configuration
- 05-mDNS relay configuration
- 06-IP forwarding basics configuration
- 07-Fast forwarding configuration
- 08-IRDP configuration
- 09-IP performance optimization configuration
- 10-Adjacency table configuration
- 11-UDP helper configuration
- 12-IPv6 basics configuration
- 13-DHCPv6 configuration
- 14-IPv6 fast forwarding configuration
- 15-GRE configuration
- 16-HTTP redirect configuration
- 17-Tunneling configuration
- Related Documents
|07-Fast forwarding configuration||48.94 KB|
Fast forwarding reduces route lookup time and improves packet forwarding efficiency by using a high-speed cache and data-flow-based technology. It identifies a data flow by using the following fields: source IP address, source port number, destination IP address, destination port number, and protocol number. After a flow's first packet is forwarded through the routing table, fast forwarding creates an entry and uses the entry to forward subsequent packets of the flow.
Fast forwarding can process fragmented IP packets, but it does not fragment IP packets.
About aging time for fast forwarding entries
The fast forwarding table uses an aging timer for each forwarding entry. If an entry is not updated before the timer expires, the device deletes the entry. If an entry has a hit within the aging time, the aging timer restarts.
1. Enter system view.
2. Configure the aging time for fast forwarding entries.
ip fast-forwarding aging-time aging-time
By default, the aging time is 30 seconds.
About fast forwarding load sharing
Fast forwarding load sharing enables the device to identify a data flow by using the packet information.
If fast forwarding load sharing is disabled, the device identifies a data flow by the packet information and the input interface.
1. Enter system view.
2. Configure fast forwarding load sharing. Choose one option as needed:
¡ Enable fast forwarding load sharing.
ip fast-forwarding load-sharing
¡ Disable fast forwarding load sharing.
undo ip fast-forwarding load-sharing
By default, fast forwarding load sharing is enabled.
Execute display commands in any view and reset commands in user view.
Display the aging time of fast forwarding entries.
display ip fast-forwarding aging-time
Display fast forwarding entries.
display ip fast-forwarding cache [ ip-address ] [ slot slot-number ]
Display fast forwarding entries about fragmented packets.
display ip fast-forwarding fragcache [ ip-address ] [ slot slot-number ]
Clear the fast forwarding table.
reset ip fast-forwarding cache [ slot slot-number ]