Wire speed 10G/40G/100G line card
H3C S7500X switch series is the first of its kinds in the industry to support wire speed performance for high density 10G/40G/100G line cards and can meet the existing and future application requirements of enterprise network.
- Supports 48 port 10G wire speed interface line card
- Supports 12 port 40G wire speed interface line card
- Supports 4 port 100G wire speed interface line card
Virtualization technologies - IRF2
- IRF2 can virtualize up to four S7500X switches into one logical IRF fabric. IRF2 delivers the following benefits:
- High Availability (HA) - Patented hot standby technology to provide data backup and non-stop forwarding on the control plane and data plane. This improves availability, performance, eliminates single-point failures and ensures service continuity.
- Distribution - Multi-chassis link aggregation to enable load sharing and backup over multiple uplinks, improving redundancy and link utilization.
- Easy Management - A single IP address to manage the whole IRF fabric, which simplifies device and topology management, improving operating efficiency, and lowering network maintenance cost.
Virtualization technologies - IRF3.1
IRF3.1 technology is based on industry standard IEEE 802.1BR standard. IRF3.1 includes core switch-CB (Controlling Brige) and access switch-PE (Port extender), IRF3.1 can virtualizes core and access switches into one logical device.
IRF3.1 delivers the following benefits:
- Plug and play working mechanism
- Increased I/O ports and centralized maintenance and management
- Can work with IRF2.0 to further enhance the reliability of CB and PE
- Can work with MDC technology to create multiple logical IRF3.1 domain
- Reduced network management nodes
- Simplified cable deployment
- Data plane virtualization
Virtualization technologies – MDC Capability
MDC virtualizes one S7500X switch into multiple logical switches, enabling multiple services to share one core switch.
The 1:N virtualization maximizes switch utilization, reduces network TCO, and ensures isolation of services.
EVI is a MAC-in-IP technology that provides Layer 2 connectivity between distant Layer 2 network sites across an IP routed network. It is used for connecting geographically dispersed sites of a virtualized large-scale data center that requires Layer 2 adjacency.
VXLAN (Virtual Extensible LAN) — VXLAN uses a MAC-in-UDP encapsulation method where the original Layer 2 package is added with a VXLAN header, and is then placed in a UDP-IP packet. With the help of MAC-in-UDP encapsulation, VXLAN tunnels Layer 2 network over Layer 3 network which provides two major benefits: higher scalability of Layer 2 segmentation and better utilization of available network paths
MP-BGP EVPN (Multiprotocol Border Gateway Protocol Ethernet Virtual Private Network) uses standard-based BGP protocol as the control plane for VXLAN overlay networks, providing BGP based VTEP auto peer discovery and end-host reachability information distribution. MP-BGP EVPN delivers many benefits, such as eliminating traffic flooding, reducing full mesh requirements between VTEPs via the introduction of BGP RR, achieving optimal flow based end to end load sharing and more
Comprehensive MPLS/VPLS capability
H3C S7500X switch series supports Multi-VRF function, which can be used as MCE equipment supporting L3 MPLS VPN and L2 MPLS VPN (Martini and Kompella). It also supports MPLS OAM function, which brings easier management and maintenance. Working with H3C intelligent Management Centre (iMC) MPLS VPN Manager allows easy MPLS deployment and maintenance.
H3C S7500X switch series also supports VPLS, VLL, hierarchicalVPLS and QINQ+VPLS access methods, providing end-to-endlayer2VPNaccesssolution.
High-performance IPv4/IPv6 service capabilities
H3C S7500X switch series comes with IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack platform that provides sophisticated IPv4/IPv6 solutions by supporting multiple tunnels, IPv4/IPv6 Layer 3 routing protocols, multicasting, and policy-based routing. The S7500X switch series is a mature commercial IPv6 product that has passed the IPv6 network access certification of the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and the IPv6 Ready Phase II certification.
Hardware level encryption technology MACsec
H3C S7500X switch series supports hardware level encryption technology MACsec (802.1ae), which is an industry-standard security technology that provides secure communication for all traffic on Ethernet links. Compared with traditional application based software encryption technology, MACsec provides point-to-point security on Ethernet links between directly connected nodes and is capable of identifying and preventing most security threats.